Archive for March, 2010
When you start Smiley Country today, the Dispatcher-made Updater will get you updated to the new version automatically. The game is still in Private Alpha, but there’s still room for more testers. If you are interested, reply here.
The main new features are related to Economy and Destruction. The whole core life cycle of the game world is in now:
- Coins are now generated by each Area’s user-run City Hall… right into player’s pockets
- Construction Jobs for Buildings like Sawmills can be set (as well as setting the reward). So if you have money, and you want someone to build you a Sawmill at a certain place, you can set a Construction Job there with some coins, and the builder gets those coins when they build your Sawmill for you. Or just do it yourself.
- Buildings are built using Planks.
- Buildings can be traded with. The owner gives the building a budget and sets the Sell and Buy prices. Sawmills buy logs at the owner-set price, automatically convert these to planks at a certain rate, and then sell them back to anyone willing to pay the owner-set price.
- Anyone’s buildings can be destroyed using Clubs. These are manufactured at the Club Armory building. They are created from logs also, and break with usage. In this way it takes resources both to Build and to Destroy.
- Buildings can be Repaired using Planks also.
All the ingredients for a basic economy game are in now, so feel feel free to test away. The game is already better than it was this morning, thanks to feedback by the community. So enlist to try the game today.