Archive for the ‘Games’ Category
After a few weeks of joyous private beta testing, Impostors has now entered the public beta!
Impostors is a live chat web game. The game plays similarly to the Mafia/Werewolf party game, but much more streamlined. The rules have been simplified, and the deception dialed up to the max. Use deception and deduction to win! Can you fool others into trusting you, while yourself knowing that it is you who is the impostor?
Edit: The original Impostors is currently being rewritten from the ground up. Check back for new posts soon.
A new milestone has been reached. Thanks to features like projectiles, player health, and player states, SmileyCountry now features the basics needed for some PvP testing. As always, Puchisoft Dispatcher will automatically update Smiley Country to the newest version when you start the game.
For detailed and more frequent game updates, check out Smiley Country’s own blog.
When you start Smiley Country today, the Dispatcher-made Updater will get you updated to the new version automatically. The game is still in Private Alpha, but there’s still room for more testers. If you are interested, reply here.
The main new features are related to Economy and Destruction. The whole core life cycle of the game world is in now:
- Coins are now generated by each Area’s user-run City Hall… right into player’s pockets
- Construction Jobs for Buildings like Sawmills can be set (as well as setting the reward). So if you have money, and you want someone to build you a Sawmill at a certain place, you can set a Construction Job there with some coins, and the builder gets those coins when they build your Sawmill for you. Or just do it yourself.
- Buildings are built using Planks.
- Buildings can be traded with. The owner gives the building a budget and sets the Sell and Buy prices. Sawmills buy logs at the owner-set price, automatically convert these to planks at a certain rate, and then sell them back to anyone willing to pay the owner-set price.
- Anyone’s buildings can be destroyed using Clubs. These are manufactured at the Club Armory building. They are created from logs also, and break with usage. In this way it takes resources both to Build and to Destroy.
- Buildings can be Repaired using Planks also.
All the ingredients for a basic economy game are in now, so feel feel free to test away. The game is already better than it was this morning, thanks to feedback by the community. So enlist to try the game today.
While still early in development, all testers will notice that upon running Smiley Country today, the Dispatcher-made Updater will get you updated to the new version. This is only a minor update, fixing some bugs, and changing some parameters of how the forest dynamically grows. You will notice some features partially implemented, like currency. For more details, see the Devlog.
The next major release will include some economy basics, like the creation of money, and the buying and selling to/from buildings, and of course the feature where buildings can actually do things.
If you are just installing the game for the first time starting today, you will notice that you no longer need Admin rights to Install, Update, or (as before) Play the game. This is thanks to an optional feature of Dispatcher, which causes your Installers to use a Chrome-like install method to bypass the need for Admin rights. Enjoy procrastinating!
If you want to join the private alpha, just reply to this thread.